Itching and swelling below ears, delayed periods

Infertility Specialist
Question
I am 22 and have been having an itching below my both ears and it gets swollen ,wenever i take a hot steam its reduces and this month i am due with my periods which was supposed to be on 3rd....can u help me please???
Can u also suggest me a good way to gain diet???
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 41 minutes later

thanks for your query.

Itching below ears could be due to skin inflammation ( dermatitis) which needs to be examined so as to what type of skin infection (bacterial or fungal). It also occurs due to scalp problems (such as dandruff).

Swelling below ears is probably inflammation & swelling of the lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are defence system of the body which enlarge in response to any inflammation in the area drained by those lymph nodes (ear or scalp etc.).

Hence my advice would be to get the part below ear and scalp examined by a dermatologist to rule out infection / inflammation.

Your periods have no relation with this condition. If you are suspecting pregnancy. Please get urine pregnancy test done at home. If not pregnant. Cycle delay is due to stress or various otber physiological factors. Please wait for one more week during which you will surely get your periods.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Mahesh