Itching and irritation in vaginal area. Suggest medication

Hello. I have a pretty embarrassing question, but I am desperate. I recently developed what I think is a yeast infection. Although there is very little discharge and no odor, my vaginal area is extremely irritated and itchy. I haven't had sex in a very long time, so I was surprised by this outcome. However, I was recently diagnosed as being pre-diabetic. Tonight I tried to self-medicate with miconazole 1 and an external crème. The symptoms seemed to get worse immediately and I haven't been able to go to sleep. I followed up with an anti-itch wipe that made me burn. The only thing that seems to be giving me some relief is warm water. Please tell me what I can do to make this stop!
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 35 minutes later
pl use intimate wash and use clotrimazole vaginal cream for 3 days and then insert vaginal clotrimazole perssary for 6 days. oral itracinazole can be taken if no contraindications . oil based peas arise cause less inflammation and burning