Itching and burning sensation in groin area after intercourse. Chances of getting STI?

I have had protected oral from a spanish escort in the UK and then released it inside her vagina nearly 3 weeks ago. I have done chlamydiae and gonorrhoea test twice and it came out negative.

2 weeks after the sexual encounter I had a irritant line on the left side of my groin it had such a bad burning sensation. So the next day I shaved my pubic area and went to the hospital for check-up. The doctor said it doesn't look like syphilis or herpes and that it is a irritant dry skin.

I also took the blood test just to make sure I haven't got any STI. And I am still waiting for my result.

The problem is the day after I shaved I saw red pimple like spots mostly on my left side which is really painful, itchy and had a burning sensation when I walk. but it disappeared the next day.

now I am normal with no problem. But I would like to ask a few questions.

what is my chances of getting any STI?

and my penis looks a bit inflamed for some reason but no pain. And sometimes it gets really inflamed when sexually aroused. is this normal?

and why does my testicles go inside my lower abdomen when I masturbate?

I am having severe depression at the moment sometimes I don't feel hungry and wake up middle of the night.
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Firstly, I would like to reassure none of the symptoms you have mentioned points towards any possibility of STI.
I would like to answer your queries specifically
1) your chances of getting STi with a barrier contraceptive like condom is very less. Chances can arise if contraceptive fails ie condom tears.
2) the blood flow in penis increases during erection and this couldbe interpreted as inflammation by some. However if there is some redness along with pain and that too during erection then trauma, conditions like priapism and phimosis should be ruled out.
If your penis looks inflammed after a recent encounter, it could be due to trauma during intercourse or due to irritant reaction from condom.

3) testicles are connected to groin through cremaster muscle and during ejaculation this muscle contracts thus making the testicles move up. It is a normal phenomenon, however in some it can be very strong.

4) the red rashes and bumps that you had were basically due to shaving in groin and pubic area and are known as pseudofolliculitis. These have no connection with STI.
5) it is good that you have got your blood tests done and in all probability, they will be negative. So do not worry

Lastly do not indulge in sexual encounters with unknown persons who might be indulged in such contacts with multiple partners. Indulge in safe sexual practices as it is better to be safe than sorry.
Hope that answers your query. Should therebe any doubt, feel free to write back.
Follow-up: Itching and burning sensation in groin area after intercourse. Chances of getting STI? 22 minutes later
thank you so much for your answer.

I will never indulge in this kind of encounters ever again. It seriously effected me mentally.

My penis is a bit inflamed when not sexually aroused aswell I have no pain or irritation. is this normal?

I masterbated nearly 2 weeks ago it was a bit rough and my penise did hurt and there was a very small red line near the shaft of the penis. the line is very faint but causes no problem whatsover. is this a problem for me?

And also I wake up middle of the night sometimes and use toilet to urinate first and then excrete. is this normal?

I also fingered her vagina but I did not touch my private part until i washed my hands. Is there a possibility of catching sti?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
The slight redness could be due to trauma. If it is not bothering you, let it be as it will heal spontaneously. Application of steroid antibiotic cream would help in settling of trauma induced inflammation if any. I just hope you are not using dettol or savlon to clean your genitalia as it could lead to irritation too. In case you are using the same to clean, kindly stop using these.

Urinating or excreting in middle of the night is okay. It is not a sign of any disease. As these are normal body reflexes generated from bladder or rectum as per the need. Sometimes these may be stress induced or nervousness induced.

There are rare chances of getting STI even if you touched your partner. Sometimes due to fingering one might get syphilis lesions or warts etc over fingers but that requires the partner to have those STIs.

Hope that answers your query. Take care.
Follow-up: Itching and burning sensation in groin area after intercourse. Chances of getting STI? 1 hour later
I do not use savlon or dettol. But I will use steroid antibiotic cream if necessary.

Yes you are right, I think it is because of stress that I wake up middle of the night to use the toilet and sometimes cant go back to sleep.

My fingers are normal and healthy so no problem whatesover.

one last final question

why does my genital area become sweaty and sticky most days of the week?

and what are my chances of getting herpes and syphilis?

thank you so much again for your answer.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 21 minutes later
Genital area can be excessively sweaty in humid weather conditions, due to wearing of tight occluded synthetic under clothes. If excessively sweaty then it could be due to hyperhidrosis. To prevent the same wear loose cotton clothes and change your underclothes twice in a day. Keep the area well ventilated and dry. Also dust the area with antifungal dusting powder as it will keep the area dry.

Herpes and syphilis being STI can only be acquired through unprotected sexual intercourse with a person having these infections. So practically a contraceptive makes the chance of getting these infections negligible.

Hope that answers all your doubts. If you have any other doubt, feel free to write back to us.

P.s. should there be no query, we may close the discussion.
Follow-up: Itching and burning sensation in groin area after intercourse. Chances of getting STI? 39 hours later

I am having very bad sleeping problems for the past 5 days.

2 days ago I only had 4 hours sleep. yesterday I had slept 8 hours in total woke up at 4am and slept at 6.30am for another 2 hours.

today I slept for only 3 hours.

Is my sleeping problem linked to any STI or HIV?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
Firstly you do not have any symptoms of any STI.
Your insomnia could be due to stress and anxiety. Sometimes excess of caffeine, nicotine and alcohol too may lead to insomnia. Your sleeping problem is not linked to any STI

To sleep better
Avoid watching tv late at night.
Avoid too much light or sound in bedroom
Have meals before 8 pm
Have a glass of hot milk prior to sleeping
Sleep at a particular time every day
Avoid alcohol, caffeine nicotine completely
Meditate or indulge in leisure activities to remain stress free.
If these do not work, consult a psychiatrist.

Follow-up: Itching and burning sensation in groin area after intercourse. Chances of getting STI? 13 minutes later

I dont drink alcohol, caffein or smoke.

I Havnt drank caffein in 3 days I still have severe sleeping problem.
I did have sleeping problem in the past but it was mostly because of caffein.

the problem is I dont feel tired when I wake up at night. Once I wake up I cant go back to sleep.
what other reasons is there for my sleeping problem?

and sometimes I have lower back pain, is this normal?
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 58 minutes later
Your lower back pain could be posture related, the way you sit, muscle spasm , sprain or due to disc prolapse. You need to consult an orthopaedician to rule out the causes. However to relieve the pain sleep on hard bed, do not lift heavy objects, apply diclofenac gel at area of pain and take a muscle relaxant painkiller combination to relieve pain.

As far as hindered sleep is concerned, if you are not taking any stimulant like caffeine etc then try the other recommendations I have suggested. If these do not work an appointment with a specialist is advised. Being a dermatologist and venereologist, it is beyond the scope of my field of specialisation.Sometimes anxiolytics and benzodiazepenes are prescribed to induce good night sleep. However these need a doctor's prescription.

Follow-up: Itching and burning sensation in groin area after intercourse. Chances of getting STI? 2 days later
sorry for the late reply.

thank you so much for your help. I recieved my blood and and its negative.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 minutes later
That solves everything!
Stop worrying and indulge in safe practices.