Itching and burning butt during bowel movements. Am I having any disease? Suggest some cure

Oncologist
Question
WHEN I POOP MY BUTT BURNS AND ITCHES AND LATER AFTERWARDS I HAVE TO WIPE AGAIN AND IT STILL ITCHES AND BURNS WHAT DO YOU THINK IS WRONG WITH ME AND IF I DONT POOP FOR A WHILE IT SEEMS TO GO AWAY AND NOT BE AS BAD. THANKS MY EMAIL IS YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 3 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

The most likely cause of the symptoms what you have described is hemorrhoids. these are small areas of swollen veins which can come and go from time to time in the area of the anus and rectum. When these areas becomes swollen it causes symptoms of pain and itching.

I would recommend that you go to the local pharmacy and purchase some hemorrhoid cream. I would apply the cream several times per day and certainly after each bowel movement. In addition you might also sit in a warm bath tub for 15 to 20 minutes a couple of times per day for the next several days. This will also help improve your symptoms.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert