Itchiness on the back of legs. Small red bumps on back of legs. Suggest the treatment?

Hi, I have serious itchiness on the back of my legs. I have small red bumps and now some large red, almost like open sores that are pussing also on the back of my legs. They are extremely itchy! help!
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems you have developed infected eczema

Detailed Answer:
From the description provided it seems you have eczema which has got secondarily infected, this is known as infected eczema.
Now to treat the same
Do warm water compresses over the lesions two times in a day
Apply steroid antibiotic cream over affected area like fluticasone mixed with mupirocin two times in a day
Take tablet cetirizine to relieve the itch.

Hopefully in few days, the lesion should resolve.
If no resolution is seen, please XXXXXXX a dermatologist nearby.
Hope this helped. Should there be any further query, please write back.