Itch around genital area, worsens on scratching, also present in arms and chest. Causes ?

I have an itch around my genetial area, the more I scratch it the more it itches. I don't know how I got it. I also I have it in my arms and around my chest close to my neck.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later

There are few things that may be happening here.One important thing to note is that in full blown diabetes,infections are very common and difficult to control as they have a tendency to recur.

You need to rule out a few possibilities here.First,fungal infections are very common.There are various types and the diagnosis depends on a physical examination.Another possibility that needs to be ruled out is pediculosis,scabies etc.There are again many types of lice infestation and an examination will help narrow them down.You should see a dermatologist for a full examination so that a diagnosis can be made.These conditions,if diagnosed,can be treated with medication and there is a full recovery.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.