Is yellowish coating of the tongue indicative of HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hello doctor, my question is- I have a purple cheek on my right side, yellow thrush on my tongue and my gums are dark only on one side I need to know is it hiv related?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Signs present in the pictures not related to HIV Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query. I have seen the pictures. None of these signs are specific for HIV. Yellowish coating of the tongue is not due to thrush. May be due to staining of smoking. I think that you are a smoker. Purple or violaceous discoloration of gums and cheek may have to be investigated for hypo-adrenalism or some other general and dermatological conditions. They are not related to HIV. If you are at risk of HIV, it is better to go for a blood test for HIV and rule out HIV, instead of suspecting by signs and symptoms. Dr S.Murugan