Is white fatty discharge in faeces a sign of improvement or worsening in spleen and liver conditions ?

I have several problems, chronic autoimmune, vitamin d deficiency, high cholestorl, low good cholestorl, fatty liver disease low protein, low bilirubin .3, high potassium 5.3 low creatinine .8 high chloride 111 low BUN 8 and .... I noticed a fatty round substance in my feces, which is minimal these days, should I be concerned? My doc is just a GP and put me on Pravastatin for the heart problems and cholesterol but says nothing can be done for my VERY HURTING spleen and liver... And now the fatty round white thing inmy feces.... SHOULD I WORRY is the liver getting worse or is it a sign of improvement
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 1 hour later
Hi ,

Pravastatin is usually given in high cholesterol to reduce the complications to the Cardiovascular system.

According to the liver test report ,certainly there is a problem with the liver , as you have not given all the tested parameters i cannot comment on the status of the liver and fatty round thing in the feces can occur because of the deficiency of the lipid soluble Vitamins like VIT A, D, E ,K as they are formed with the help of Liver.

I suggest you to undergo Abdominal Ultrasound for the Liver and spleen so that we can get to know why it is hurting so much.

You can discuss the above things with your GP and undergo the few necessary test.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Is white fatty discharge in faeces a sign of improvement or worsening in spleen and liver conditions ? 1 hour later
I have had a ultrasound, that is how they found the fatty liver disease and enlarged spleen, but now my lower back, kidney area is hurting, spleen hurts, could be liver, and ofcourse right side under ribs hurts.. Now Iam eating PERFECTLY so I have little fecal matter, but today I saw the little round white ball. Because I ahve extreme fatigue, which is growing worse, I worry....
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 10 hours later
Hi Again ,

Thanks for the follow up query.

As you have mentioned the entire lower back is hurting , I suggestive you to consult your doctor for the Physical examination.

I had suggested the abdominal scan to know whether there is any inflammation of the coverings of the spleen, any congestive features .If all those are evaluated earlier then no need for re-evaluation.

Even the Constipation can cause the pain . The little round white ball in the stools should be evaluated by the stools examination.So collect the stools in a sterile container during your next visit to the doctor.

Extreme fatigue is expected in such an chronic conditions ,once the real issues are addressed(like the liver condition, autoimmune disease) you will get better.

Hope this helps you.

Wish you good health.