Ask a Homeopath   »  

Is wet cupping a safe medical practice?

Ayurveda Specialist
Question
Homeopathic Medicine/ Alternative Medicine

Do you recommend the practice of cupping (wet cupping with extracting of blood)? I was told it was very healthy. I had my spleen removed a few years ago due to an accident and I was told this would be particularly helpful to me. Any suggestions?
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Homeopathy

Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
further information

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting with your health concern and after reviewing your case history I'm of the following opinion:

1. wet cupping or Al-hijamah is one of the oldest medical treatment practiced which cleanses your circulatory system by removing contaminated blood via a vacuum through tiny incisions on the skin. [similar to leech therapy]

2. After removal of spleen [post splenectomy] the red blood cells after completing their life cycle [of 120 days] will not be removed from the circulation efficiently and therefore increased number of target cells may be observed thus performing hijama make sure that they are removed and boost blood circulation.

3. Other points to be noted are:

i. It should be done on empty stomach
ii. creatinine level comes on higher side after this procedure due to the breakdown of creatine phosphate in the muscle [it is normally cleared from the body by kidneys]

PS. You may contact hijama specialist for exhaustive list [licensed professionals in the UAE]

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood