Is weight loss and metabolism change after menopause,normal?
User rating for this question
I am 58 y.o. and in good health, Recently I went on blood pressure medicine. i am concerned because I am losing weight. I am an emotional eater and had been gaining weight. I do have night sweats. I recently had blood work done and everhtying was normal. Is is normal to lose weight and your metabolism change after menopause.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Menopause changes your metabolism... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query here. During menopause hormonal changes happens in your organism. It is true that menopause changes your metabolism. Hormonal changes cause weight gain, high blood pressure and thyroid function changes. You need a checkup for diabetes mellitus by making a glycemic test and an urine glucose level test, a lipid test for cholesterol level and a thyroid function test. I think that weight loss is caused by Diabetes mellitus. The results of the tests will show you the real causes of weight loss. Ask me for anything unclear. Dr. Behar.
People also viewed
- Weight loss after risperidone
- Is dizziness a side effect of propylthiouracil?
- Weight loss after pregnancy
- Is dryness of mouth a side effect of norgesic?
- Is vomiting a side effect of lisdexamfetamine?
- Weight loss after mirtazapine
- Symptoms of non-cardiac chest pain
- Is slurred speech a side effect of tapentadol?
- Is decreased urine a side effect of budesonide?
- Symptoms of acute gouty arthritis
- Weight loss after cholecystectomy
- Symptoms of polio program
- Is weight loss and metabolism change after menopausenormal
- Symptoms of complete bony ankylosis
- Symptoms of upper lid proptosis