Is weight loss and metabolism change after menopause,normal?

I am 58 y.o. and in good health, Recently I went on blood pressure medicine. i am concerned because I am losing weight. I am an emotional eater and had been gaining weight. I do have night sweats. I recently had blood work done and everhtying was normal. Is is normal to lose weight and your metabolism change after menopause.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Behar Greca 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Menopause changes your metabolism... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query here. During menopause hormonal changes happens in your organism. It is true that menopause changes your metabolism. Hormonal changes cause weight gain, high blood pressure and thyroid function changes. You need a checkup for diabetes mellitus by making a glycemic test and an urine glucose level test, a lipid test for cholesterol level and a thyroid function test. I think that weight loss is caused by Diabetes mellitus. The results of the tests will show you the real causes of weight loss. Ask me for anything unclear. Dr. Behar.