Is visible pus discharge from genital regions a serious condition?

Hi, For a past 3 days i have pain near my private part . i have consulted a sex specialist and he has said tat there is a pus formation around the penis. i feel abnormality due 2 dis. i XXXXXXX have erections due 2 dis prob.. specialist has given me some tabs and asked 2 drink water often and not 2 eat chicken for next 20days..wil dis prob be solved or is dis anythin serious i need 2 look out for..
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Presence of pus indicate infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. If there is visible pus formation or discharge in genital regions then it indicate presence of infection. Genital infection can occur due to sexually transmission, poor immunity or poor hygiene. Infection can cause pain in private parts. Other causes of pain in genital regions are in absence of pus: Muscle spasm, stone in urogenital tract, trauma/injury. Hope it is not present in your case. Pain in genital region frequently lead to erectile dysfunction. If you are sexually active and infection is sexually transmitted infection (STI), then it is must to get evaluated, investigated and treated your sexual partner also. Otherwise there is chances of reinfection. After investigations antibiotics and drinking plenty of water intake are helpful in treatment. But avoiding chicken will not help in this. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards,