Is viral pneumonia contagious??

is viral pneumonia contagious??
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. Yes friend , it can be contagious via coughing out droplets of mucous produced. So , close contacts should take precautionary measures. Also , it is required that a person who has Viral Pneumonia should be isolated ideally as far as possible. If not possible to isolate , he/she can cover her mouth and nose via a mask. And should receive an appropriate treatment. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Follow-up: Is viral pneumonia contagious?? 24 minutes later
if I started biaxin antibiotics yesterday and have taken the second day's dosage already today, how much longer can I be contagious?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Detail Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend.. It is very difficult to say till when you will be infective. Virus completes its own cycle and die. So , it is better that you take precautions only. Hope you get well soon. Stay Healthy