Is vertigo or ear infection a side effect of annual flu shot?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Ear infection is not due to flu shot. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The annual flu vaccine can cause mild running nose fever or sore throat. It is not associated with an ear infection. The mild dizziness or vertigo can be there due to the shot. If it persists for more than 3-4 days then do consult your healthcare provider to find out the cause. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL