Is vertigo heretical?

Question
Hi - is vertigo heretical?
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: No, It is noot hereditary Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. Vertigo is not hereditary. I hope this answers your query fully. If there is any more information that you want us to talk on or any clarifications, please feel free to ask me. Thank you so much for using our services. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.

Follow-up: Is vertigo heretical? 19 hours later
Thank you. I agree with your reply. Now, I've had two head trrama accidents falling down stairs.. The second knocked me out. I was taken to the hospital both times as I needed head scans and stiches/staples. I was treated for vertigo, but someone said that it may have been inherited. I was also told that I could get dementia from the head thramas. Is that true?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Head trauma is a risk factor for dementia Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this follow up. Repeated head traumas is a risk factor for dementia. The simple truth is that no one would for sure have dementia because of repeated traumas just like someone without trauma can still develop dementia. The mere fact that we are alive is a risk factor in itself to developing dementia. This is to say you should not be scared because no one would for sure have dementia because of head traumas. Most cases of dementia occur without head trauma and only a tiny proportion of dementia is related to head trauma. I hope this answers your query fully. Feel free to ask for more related information or clarification if need be. Please, take care when you walk because some falls can be very debilitating and even instantly fatal. Dr. Ditah, MD.