Is urinary tract infection common in type 2 diabetics?

Is uti's common in type 2 diabetics? As i am ? diabetes provides a good medium for infections so yes UTIs are common in T2DM but good hygiene and care can be good addition So there is nothing serious to worry about? I have just been diagnosed with a uti. I am a 34year old male. Sorry i am very anxious.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 days later
Brief Answer: Sorry for the late reply, some system troubles Detailed Answer: Hello there! I am Dr S Khan And I will answer your query and will try to sooth your nerves Sir with Diabetes there are bigger crocodiles in your pond of life to worry about. UTI is little. But The good news is that the answer and solution to all these is good compliance, Continuous use of medicines, Healthy and dietary lifestyle modifications, and constant touch with your Endocrinologist. Until and unless your GLucose levels are controlled with good American DIet Association for diabetes (ADA diet) you have nothing to worry about. regarding recurrent UTI's you can combat them with 10 - 12 ounces of cranberry juices, Increased intake of Garlic and alot of fluids with good toilet hygiene and wiping your area front to back unidirectional with some sitz baths will help you get through it. Seek the GP for recent advancement of use of intrabladder Instillation of hyaluronic acid derivatives for combating Recurrent UTIs. They work like charm For your education here is an article for UTIs in males. Read it and ask me what ever you need to understand about. it will add to your knowledge of the trouble and help you combat better WWW.WWWW.WW also have a read of your diabetes knowledge WWW.WWWW.WW Good Luck and take some very good care of yourself. If you have any more queries please feel free to ask other wise i request you to kindly close the discussion and rate the answer as per your experience. Take some very good care of yourself and may the odds be ever in your favour. Regards Dr. S Khan