Is urea parvum and STD and can it cause infertility in women?

Question
Is urea parvum and STD and can it cause intertility in women?
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotic treatment to prevent fretility problem

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

I can understand your concern as a mother. Urea parvum is an an-aerobic organism which causes pelvic infection, the infection spreads from the genital tract to the fallopian tubes, hence any pelvic infection in reproductive aged women needs to be treated vigorously, otherwise it will lead to blockage of fallopian tubes.

If the infection is treated early, then there is no chance of any tubal damage or future fertility problem. She need not worry about fertility issue right now, she should concentrate on getting treated for the pelvic infection with specific antibiotics.

Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer. Good luck!!

Follow-up: Is urea parvum and STD and can it cause infertility in women? 1 hour later
Thank you. She is now taking antibiotics. She wanted to know if this was an sexually transmitted disease or just an unlucky infection. Also she doesn't know how long she's had it. Would it have come up when she had a smear test? She's 28
Not sure if I'm using this service properly and hope you've received my follow up question as you didn't reply to the second part of my first question as to whether this was an STD

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Urea parvum is not an STD

Detailed Answer:

I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons.

Coming back to your question, it is just any other infection, any women can get this infection. This happens commonly due to a change in the vaginal PH. Anaerobic bacterias start to grow with change in pH and causes pelvic infection.

No smear test does not cause this infection. PAP smears are taken to know if there is infection or any abnormal cells in the cervix.

Antibiotic will treat this infection. It should be started as soon as possible to prevent further spread of infection into the fallopian tubes.

I am sorry once again for the late reply. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!