Is underweight, wants to gain weight. Blood test normal and taking full diet. Suggest?

my wife has underweight, she wants to gain weight to look beautifull, her breast is also small . her age is 26 & weight is 38kg & height is 5'2". her all medical tests are ok, she is taking full diet but no results. i consults many doctors but no solution as yet, Plz give me solution. her medical reports attached
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

I had gone through your concerns and the reports. All the reports appear to be normal. There is no pill that can produce results easily. Perhaps the pills suggested by the Endocrinologist may help your wife. The pancreatin (creon) is an enzyme that stimulate a lot of juices and increases the appetite. The other is Buclizine which is commonly given for individuals who complain of loss of appetite.

There are complex genetics involved if a person is underweight even after a lot of measures to increase weight. There is no fixed solution. I am happy and you should be happy for one thing that your wife has no medical condition diagnosed that causes underweight. There are a number of people who end up in underweight because of harmful conditions.

There is only one rule, she has a greater metabolism. She has to consume high calorie food that surpasses this metabolism. That high calorie diet plus snacks only can get her into shape. High calorie food include careful choices. Nuts, melon seeds, mayonnaise, milk shakes. Frequent snacking is the key. You should XXXXXXX a Dietitian who can give a proper diet plan and keep an eye on the weight.

Let me know if I can help you further. We have experiences that women put on weight after pregnancy and lactation because of numerous hormonal influences. You may want to try it too.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Is underweight, wants to gain weight. Blood test normal and taking full diet. Suggest? 17 minutes later
you will not suggest any medicine for weight gain. also any medicine for increse the brest seize.also is it not possible to gain weight for my wife, Plz give the solution
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 minutes later
There is absolutely no medication that is approved by medical science to gain weight. The current medicines will only increase the appetitie which were already prescribed for your wife. If someone really says that please do not believe in.

Similarly for the breast size. Breast augmentation pills, massages etc have proven futile. The only way which was proposed was surgery.

I am sure the hormones that circulate in her during pregnancy and lactation shall increase the size of the breasts and it had happened for many others as well. Human body is complex and it has no simple solutions. The proven things should be applied instead of wasting money on the unproven therapies.

Hope you agree.

Follow-up: Is underweight, wants to gain weight. Blood test normal and taking full diet. Suggest? 37 minutes later
is surgery is safe for increse the breast seize, if yes then from where and what type of surgery, plz guide
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 10 minutes later
Surgery is not safer than conservative methods. It is the last resort opted by doctors after discussing the merits and demerits with the couple. It is definitely not indicated only for cosmetic purposes. If you decided to get this done you need safe hands. It is called Breast augmentation. It needs further follow up as there is distortion, pain and sometimes bleeding.

There are number of doctors who do it in every city.