Is underweight. What are chances of pregnancy and how to gain weight?

My wife weighs 35kg can she get pregnant and if yes how would be the health of baby.what should be taken to gain weight.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX 35 kg is a low weight for pregnancy. Also let me know the height of your wife. Hygienic and nutritious diet is required to increase the weight. She needs to take at least 3 proper meals and 4 snacks in a day. High calorie diet is needed. High calorie diet includes milk and milk products like cheese, butter, ghee, yogurt, etc. She can also take nutritional supplements like ensure or proteinex to supplement her diet. Multivitamin tablets and calcium supplements can be taken after getting blood tests done. Also get her blood tests done for nutritional deficiencies like iron def, folic acid, vitamin B12, calcium, vitamin D, etc. A hemogram and hemoglobin level can also be done. Fasting Blood sugar levels and lipid profile can also be checked. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee