Is treatment of pulmonary hypertension and cardiac failure,the same?

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
I hope that this question is not too vague. Is the treatment for pulmonary hypertension always the same as the usual treatment for cardiac failure whatever that may be?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Refer to the following answer... Detailed Answer: Hi I read your qurry very carefully. The treatment of pulmonary hypertension is based in three pillars: - Treating the underlying cause of pulmonary hypertension. This is different in different patients. - Decreasing the future complications especially pulmonary embolism by adding anticoagulants (warfarin) to therapy. - Relieving the signs and symptoms of pulmonary hypertension and the therapy is various in different people. So the treatment of pulmonary hypertension may be different from patient to patient. Hope it answered to your query! Dr. Benard

Follow-up: Is treatment of pulmonary hypertension and cardiac failure,the same? 56 minutes later
Thank you Dr Shehu. I understand, on the basis of what you have told me, that the treatment for pulmonary hypertension may vary from one patient to another. However, could you tell me whether there is any difference between the different treatments for pulmonary hypertension and the treatment(s) for cardiac failure which does not involve pulmonary hypertension. I regret that the question is a bit general.

Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 2 days later
Brief Answer: Different treatment for PHT and heart failure... Detailed Answer: Hi, The treatment is different for each of them. The treatment of pulmonary hypertension consists of oxygen therapy, warfarin, digoxin, ca-channel blockers, prostacyclin, Sildenafil (viagra), etc. The treatment of heart failure with no pulmonary hypertension includes betablockers, diuretics, ACE-inhibitors, etc. The main objective of the treatment is to improve quality of life and to increase lifespan. Hope it answered to your queries! Dr.Benard