Is travelling in 12th week of pregnancy advisable?

Infertility Specialist
Hi, we are expecting a baby and were to travel to Dubai for a short vacation. Since the pregnancy was unplanned, our trip is falling in the 12th week of my wife's pregnancy. Is it safe to travel in this week?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: No Detailed Answer: Hi You can travel but there are risks associated with travelling. Travelling in pregnancy is advisable only in case of emergency. There is possibility of abortion and also there is possibility of thrombosis due to ling hours of air travel. Hence I suggest you cancel the travelling plans as it is not necessary and pregnancy is more important. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol