Is transepithelial KXL advisable for eye problem?

Hi, Today I got test done in XXXXXXX Nethralya and they did Corea Keratoconus screening. They have now suggested that I get transepithelial KXL in my right eye. Please can you advise on: 1) whether I should go for it? 2) If yes then when should i get it done, immediately or should i wait for another quarter. I have the scan copy of both the Pentacam and Kerotonus screening and can send to you.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need to undergo tranepitehlial Cxl. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health Care Magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. I reviewed the reports and the history. Radial keratotomy is a incisional refractive surgery done for correction of myopia. It can lead to corneal thinning and ectasia. The condition of corneal thinning and ectasia is called as keratoconus. Since the pentacam and orbscan are showing thinning of cornea with 465 microns being the thinnest this requires strengthening of the cornea. Transepithelial CXL called as corneal collagen cross linking is one of the latest and safest modality of treatment of corneal thinning. Since in your case cornea is thinned and most probably it is progressive you need to undergo the procedure to arrest further progression. You can undergo the procedure now or the other option is please do compare with the previous scan report which was done at chennai and if there is definite progression it requires surgery now. Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you. Thank you