Is toe drop curable?
User rating for this question
Im 31 yr old female that been suffering from a toe drop over a year now. Is this permanent? What can i do to improve my condition?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: I will advise you to do MRI spine and EMG-NCV Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Due to compression of this nerve root there can be toe drop. I will advise you to do MRI spine and EMG-NCV [nerve conduction study]. Another possibility of Extensor toe tendon injury for which you may need clinical examination for confirmation. As it from one year you need to treat problem as soon as possible. Till time you can use supportive splint to avoid degeneration and tendon fatigue. For these symptoms neurotropic medication can be started. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Is toe drop curable? 7 hours later
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 17 hours later
Brief Answer: You can get splint from orthotic store. Detailed Answer: Hello again As your MRI is normal ,look for abnormality in EMG . There is possibility of injury to tendon leading to toe drop. You can get splint from orthotic/prosthetic store,you can find it online also. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Thick ball of skin on butt
- Moth ball breath heart palpitations
- Itching burning red spot on balls
- How is cerebral vascular dementia caused
- Hyperextended toe pinky toe
- Brown sticky balls out of vagina
- Toe growth on top of toe
- Bump under balls itch
- Does teva 3147 red pill cause seizure
- Toe spacers for hammer toes
- What does the result showing disc desiccation at l3l4 say
- What treatment is suggested for parkinsonism
- How does a drop of blood goes from the nose to the big toe
- Toe pain in second toe
- Will zoloft gabapentin lorazepam affect liver function