Is tingling sensation on lip and heart burn a symptom of any STD or HIV related disease?

3 weeks ago I had sex with a guy who I have since found out is rumoured to be HIV Positive.
Just 6 hours after the encounter I developed a tingling just below my bottom lip and this lasted for about a week, accompanied towards the end by periodic 'spider tingling' on other parts of my body. Although the lip irritation is now gone I still occasionally get the slight tingling elsewhere. Initially I feared it was going to be an outbreak of Herpes but nothing ever appeared and Doctors have told me that it would never have started just 6 hours after exposure to the virus anyway. They told me I had nothing to worry about in respect of it being an STD/HIV symptom.
Secondly, during my sexual encounter the guy I was with had a bad attack of heartburn and since then I have also had a couple of attacks even though heartburn is something I don't usually suffer with. Bizarre coincidence??. I still have a slight tightness in my chest even as I'm typing this. Does all this mean anything? Could any of the above symptoms be part of STD (is heartburn even transmittable in this way?) or am I just being a worry wart?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 8 hours later
Hi there.

Well the symptoms that you have described like tingling sensation, heart burn etc do not have any direct relation to any STD or HIV related condition. If you have any heart burn, chest pain etc its definitely not related to your sexual encounter. An unnecessary worry increases the symptoms you described.

Try some antacids like Mylanta, Gelusil before meals. You chestr tightness could also be part of the heart burn. If you dont get any relief then its time to see a doctor (only for heart burn not for HIV) and get exmained. All im pretty sure of, is that your current symptoms are not std/hiv related.

Hope my answer allays your anxiety.