Is tickly cough a sign of lung cancer?

Dear doctor. Good morning. I am having trouble with a tickly cough that comes and goes over last 5 days. Is there serious? No phelgm is coming up. Is this common and also how long does this last? I havnt got no other symtoms. I dont smoke either. Is this viral or something serious like lung cancer? I am a very anxious person. What do you suggest i take? Pls help!
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This is due to irritation of the throat Detailed Answer: Hi, I am don't think this is serious. Definitely not a sign of lung cancer. It is most likely due to irritation of the throat and will subside utmost within a week. If you have a post nasal drip, fever only then its viral. I would treat a non-productive,dry,tickly or irritating cough, in which no phlegm is coughed up with a cough suppressant(dextromethorphan) to reduce the cough reflex. Other cough suppressants include simple linctus, glycerin and lemon and honey, which coat and soothe the back of the throat will give symptomatic relief. Hope this helps. Regards
Follow-up: Is tickly cough a sign of lung cancer? 17 hours later
Thanks. But it seems not be getting better. Is this common? This time of year? Is there anything to worry about further?
Answered by Dr. Praveen 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Dry cough takes roughly 10 days to subside Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing back. Generally if the cough is due to irritation it takes about 1 week to 10 days to subside. If your cough does not subside on cough suppressants within a week only then I suggest you to consult an ENT specialist. I would like to know some more information to address your concerns better- Have you been taking any cough medication? Is the cough getting worse even when you are on medication? Do you have any history of allergy? Keep me posted.Get well soon. Thanks.
Follow-up: Is tickly cough a sign of lung cancer? 31 hours later
Hi doctor. I have taken yoir advice and feel much better thanks!
Answered by Dr. Praveen 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Welcome Detailed Answer: Good to know.Thanks.