Is thyroid disorder one of the reasons for weight gain?
User rating for this question
I had a historecktomy?? in 2005 and never used any hormone replacement and now I am having problems with weight gain. My mother was obese and I am scared that I am heading in the same direction. My mother also had thyroid disorder. I was told to look into a endocrinologist. I am always tired and just have no energy.
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Check thyroid Detailed Answer: Please get the following tests done: CBC CMP TSH Free T4 TPO antibodies Thyroglobulin antibodies This will help rule out a thyroid condition. If the tests reveal an under active thyroid, it could explain your weight gain
Follow-up: Is thyroid disorder one of the reasons for weight gain? 8 minutes later
Are any of these tests to check my hormones?
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 13 minutes later
Follow-up: Is thyroid disorder one of the reasons for weight gain? 17 hours later
What should the results be for the tests that you are suggesting? I heard that there are new numbers for the thyroid test but need to hear it from you what they should be. Thank you so much!!
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thyroid Detailed Answer: TSH 0.4 to 3.5 Free T4 depending on the particular lab range However, this is a very complex field and considerable expertise is required to interpret the values. It is not just a matter of numbers
People also viewed
- Hypothyroidism dizzy spells
- Hypothyroidism tendon xanthoma
- Is thyroid disorder one of the reasons for weight gain
- My legs feel heavy with a red rash lower
- My husband died while having a stent put in prior to the
- My leg is still swollen from a bruise a month later
- Multinodular goiter which lab results
- Thyroid disorder blood dysnomia
- My husband was diagnosed with epididymitis four months ago i was treated for bacterial vaginosis are these related
- Thyroid disorders and raised esr
- Creatine supplement thyroid disorder
- Pityriasis rosea and thyroid disorder
- Mood swings and hashimotos
- Metformin and underactive thyroid
- My left side of my stomach hurts when i breathe