Is this good to put baby diaper always without any side affect?

Hi, My name is XXXXX Age - 31, I have a 5 months old baby, In winter he wears 24 hrs diper, My question is that is this good to put baby diper always is there any side affect of this Contact - 0000, New Delhi
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer follows Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to health care magic. There is no single word answer for your query. Yes there are some advantages with diaper like convenience etc. But I have a personal opinion regarding this. I always prefer to rear children as natural as possible. There is a lot written on the net regarding the harmful effects of diapers some of which may not have scientific basis. But I always suggest the time tested ways rather than follow some thing else. There is nothing much in a pediatric text book regarding the harmful effects of diapers. So my suggestion is use diapers for the unavoidable occasions. (At least this will reduce the pollution and make the environment more pollution free for your kid (and everybody) in future) Continue to ask further queries as required. Hope this helps. Take care. Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty M.D.(Pediatrics) Associate Professor of Pediatrics