Is there ways that a person can become sensetive to sound?

ENT Specialist
Question
hey is there ways that a person can become sensetive to sound?.. how do I cure/treat that?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 7 days later
Brief Answer: You need investigations... Detailed Answer: Hello There are many reasons why a person can become sensitive to sounds like Meniere's disease, noise induced hearing loss and lesions of the facial nerve. All these are technical reasons and I don't think you have to worry about them,. However I would order a few tests in you: 1) Audiological evaluation with Pure tone and impedence audiometry. 2) blood tests like hemoglobin level 3) Depending on the clinical findings, a MRI scan of the brain Your ENT specialist will know about these tests. I think you need to consider getting the tests done. Please don't ignore your complaint and meet an ENT specialist as soon as possible. Regards

Follow-up: Is there ways that a person can become sensetive to sound? 5 hours later
do I go to and ear and nose doctor?... or nuerologist?... I don't think I have emt in my area..

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please go to the ent doctor! Detailed Answer: Hello I would recommend that you meet an ENT doctor first as you need to have an audiological evaluation and your ear has be examined, and if the ent doctor thinks that you need to go to a neurologist, then you may consult him! Thanks

Follow-up: Is there ways that a person can become sensetive to sound? 7 minutes later
what's an ent?... what that stand for?

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: ENT stands for ear nose and throat doctor Detailed Answer: Hello ENT stands for ear nose and throat! Please meet ear nose and throat specialist. Thanks

Follow-up: Is there ways that a person can become sensetive to sound? 37 hours later
is there a cure to being sensetive to sound?... I'm paranoia schizophrenia...

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Opinion on cure is appropriate after evaluation. Detailed Answer: Hello! There can be various reasons for your sensitivity like a neurological condition associated with your condition or the medications which you may be on . I would like you to meet your ent doctor for a detailed audio logical evaluation and examination. Please meet him and get back to me with his advice and then I would be in a better position to help you. Take care

Follow-up: Is there ways that a person can become sensetive to sound? 14 minutes later
I take abilify,trihexyphenidyl,klonopin...

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: please get your ear tested Detailed Answer: Hello. I can understand your situation as I get many patients with similar complaints. The drugs you have mentioned are unlikely to cause your sensitivity and there may be something more serious. Please meet your ent doctor for complete examination and tests to find out the cause for your sensitivity. Take care

Follow-up: Is there ways that a person can become sensetive to sound? 1 hour later
I'm paranoia schiz I heard were somewhat sensetive to sounds..

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes it is possible! Detailed Answer: Hello! Yes it is possible that the sensitivity may be due to your schizophrenia, bit i cant tell that for sure unless you are examined and undergo some audiological tests. Therefore i am asking you to meet your ENT doctor as soon as you can, so we can find out the cause ad treat you. Thanks

Follow-up: Is there ways that a person can become sensetive to sound? 17 minutes later
ok cool so there is treaments for sensetivity?... of sound and light I will schedule an appoiment soon then..

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes!! Detailed Answer: Hello Yes many of the conditions are treatable and i would like you to meet your ENT doctor as soon as possible! Take care!

Follow-up: Is there ways that a person can become sensetive to sound? 28 hours later
I've met with them I have 100% good hearing on both ears just the right side is just alittle bit sensetive....

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Excellent! Detailed Answer: Hello! I am very happy to hear that your ears are fine and you dont have any hearing loss! Sensitivity may be caused by the drugs or your neurological condition and will resolve once you are cured. Another rare possibility may be a lesion in the 7th cranial nerve and this can be tested by a test called Acoustic reflex, you can discuss this with your ENT doctor and he will be able to help you. Take care!

Follow-up: Is there ways that a person can become sensetive to sound? 3 hours later
they said I'm fine just have to use exposure therapy meditate with music in my ear and be around pple I have my days...

Brief Answer: that is a good idea Detailed Answer: Hello! I think that is a good idea and you should try it! It may take time and you will have to be consistent! But it will take time! I would also like you to try yoga . It will also help. Take care!