Is there something wrong if I have tiny red blood spots?

Over the past month I have noticed a number of tiny pin-prick red blood spots on my skin, especially on my arms, and just a couple on my palm and my stomach, chest areas.

Also, when I have a shower every morning, I notice quite a lot of rashes on my body, could there be something wrong?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 31 minutes later

Thank you for the query,

Tiny red blood spots in the body ,seems most probably to be CHERRY ANGIOMA. These are very small asymptomatic blood collection which are benign condition.
They have only cosmetic importance and if needed can be removed by either laser or electrocautery.

Regarding your second question, getting rashes on the body after shower seems to be allergic rash to either a soap or body wash. At times it can also be allergic reaction to any deodorant if you are using. If you are getting rashes after a hot shower bath, then there is a possibility of it being CHOLINERGIC URTICARIA. This is a condition where in patient gets itchy rashes over the body after exercise sauna, hot shower bath, heat from the sun, spicy food etc.This condition need proper follow up and a long term treatment.

If you are getting itching along with the rash then take some anti histaminic orally for couple of days and observe. If it doesn't respond to it then consult a dermatologist .

I hope this answers your query, if you have any further questions, kindly write back to me. I'll be happy to answer them.