Is there link between colon cancer and Hodgkins?

Oncologist, Surgical
i have been advised that my risk of colon cancer is significantly higher because my brother died from hddgkins in 1982. He was 20 years old and I am now 50. Is that true?
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Colon Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Any other family history of cancer? Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for asking your query at XXXXXXX Although there is no link between Hodgkins and colonic cancer, the general incidence of cancer is higher in patients with a family history of cancer. Is there anyone else in your family who suffered from cancer? The best course of action is to get regular screening for colonic cancer starting from the age of 50 years. This includes regular colonoscopies. Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.
Follow-up: Is there link between colon cancer and Hodgkins? 14 hours later
no other cancer maternal or paternal side. the sibling who developed hd was the youngest of seven. no other known cases of c parents-grand p.
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 9 hours later
Brief Answer: not a very high risk then; regular screening Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Taking your family history into account, your risk of colon cancer is the same as any other person. You should just undergo regular screening in the form of colonoscopies. Hoping for the best.