Is there chance of pregnancy after taking i pill?

Mar 2016

Hi Doctor. I had sex on November 17, 2013 with my boyfriend and unfortunately condum broke and he came inside me.i took ipill within 2 hours because of the fear of getting pregnant. my last period was Nov 26, 2013. i was supposed to get my period around 26 nov but no period till now. Also i had no withdrawal bleeding. took 2 pregnancy tests on 25th and 27 th dec respectively both came negative. plz tell what to do? should i take any medicine so that periods come or should i wait?
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. S Patra 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: NEED TO INDUCE PERIOD WITH HORMONAL PILL. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. I-Pill gives more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy when it is taken within first 24 hrs of sex. According to your period due date, pregnancy is possibly ruled out as you have gotten 2 consecutive NEGATIVE pregnancy tests. Other reasons of late period are mental stress or depression, over weight or rapid loss, hormonal imbalance, pelvic infection etc. One pelvic ultrasound scan and hormone test will be worthwhile to narrow down the underlying causes & confirm the diagnosis. Here, you need to take hormonal pill (like Norethisterone etc) to induce period after clinical evaluation. Kindly, consult with your GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance and complete prescription. In the mean time, you would take healthy diet with more green vegetables and IRON supplements, keep bowel habit regular, drink more water, control body weight by regular physical exercise, avoid stress by yoga or meditation & take sound sleep. These will certainly help to hasten your period. Hope, it helps for your understanding. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW