Is there anything that my husband and I can do to boost our fertility?
User rating for this question
Hi I have been trying to conceive for quite a few months. The problem is I am 38 and have never ever been pregnant, I was never sexually active until I was 26, even when I was active I only had sex maybe once or twice a month is is only the past 12 months where I have had intercourse I would say once every 4-6 weeks. I am really worried that I will never get pregnant as I have never caught before. I have attached an ultrasound scan report, My GP and Gynaecologist are happy with the report and say there is no reason why I cant conceive naturally. I ovulate regular, my husband wont have a semen analysis. The problem is my husband drinks within the alcohol guidelines and smokes cigarettes, he currently smokes about 30 a day, he is trying to cut them down by half, so hopefully this will improve sperm if he does have a problem. I am currently overweight at 17 stone and I am making lifestyle changes to lose weight for health of me and hopefully my baby. Do you see we should be able to conceive naturally if we both stick with our lifestyle changes? Is there anything my husband or I can take to boost our fertility or is it basically just down to us both having more intercourse. PCOS has been ruled out by Gynaecologist Many thanks XXXX
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: blood tests and xray Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I need some more information about your history. Have you had any blood tests done? Have your cycles been regular? Any hormone tests done like amh, lh or fsh. Have you had an hsg done? Unless your husband has an sperm analysis. Because smoking 30 a day and alcohol definitely has a negative on sperm quality. Your husband should be convinced to take the test to an assessment can be made. Also lifestyle changes are a must. It should make a difference. But significant changes must be made. Take fertisure m or coq forte daily for your husband for 3 months. If your blood tests and xray are normal, then there should be no reason why you cant concieve.
Follow-up: Is there anything that my husband and I can do to boost our fertility? 19 hours later
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
Follow-up: Is there anything that my husband and I can do to boost our fertility? 16 minutes later
He will cut out alcohol but cut half cigarettes is it still possible to conceive with these changes
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer: its a start Detailed Answer: I cannot comment without knowing all test results. You have said your hormome levels are ok. And that your hsg is clear. But without knowing your husband's exact status its difficult to say if there is any damage, or how much. But yes, these things all suppress the sperm count so changes should be made and they will make a difference.
People also viewed
- Is caltrate 600+d used in the treatment of osteoporosis?
- I am suffering from panic disorder, can i take xanax xr?
- Infertility prescribed with ovaral l will it control hormones
- Low sperm count taking treatment varicocele surgery suggested your opinion
- Taken hcg injection prescribed gestofit correct dosage prescribed
- Is my husband fertile after a cystoscopy
- Can nutrilite for women boost fertility
- Boosting fertility after 40
- Can i take arthritis pain for mitral valve replacement ?
- Done semen analysis are results normal
- Trying to conceive how to to boost fertility advice
- Manuka honey boost fertility
- Can cytomel cure hypothyroidism, after thyroid removal ?
- Scheduled ivf treatment are vaccinations safe
- I am suffering from thyroid cancer, can i take thyrogen?