Is there anything similar to Viagra that I can get over the counter?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2013
Jun 2013
Excellent
Question
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 5 hours later
Hi there ~

There is nothing similar to viagra that you can get over the counter. However, if you have insurance getting viagra or another similar medication that is prescription only will help you immensely. If your erectile dysfunction is caused by stress, anxiety or depression, your doctor may suggest that you, or you and your partner, visit a psychologist or counselor. Even if it is caused by something physical, erectile dysfunction can create stress and relationship tension.

If you are a believer in ayurvedic medication, Confido by himalaya has case reports of efficacy. I believe that it may be available in parts of the US or you can order it over online stores. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!

Follow-up: Is there anything similar to Viagra that I can get over the counter? 8 minutes later
Is there any way to get a prescription without actually visiting a doctor? I don't feel comfortable doing that...

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 6 minutes later
Hi there again ~

I believe there is no way you could get a prescription without actually visiting a doctor in the states. However, if you had been prescribed viagra in the past (which it seems you have been) you must have seen a doctor. If you no longer feel comfortable visiting with a doctor, you can try to call the doctor's office and explain your situation. You may be given refills that can be directly sent to the pharmacy and you can pick up your medication. However, this would depend on the doctor's discretion or the physician's office's rules for prescribing medications.

Good luck, and I hope you find what you are looking for soon enough. Take care and have a lovely day!

Follow-up: Is there anything similar to Viagra that I can get over the counter? 3 minutes later
I actually never got a prescription for it. A couple years back I had a doctor that gave me a sample pack with a couple of pills. Oh well, I guess I'll have to do without it...
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 4 minutes later
The doctor usually will have a record of having given you the medication, even if it was a sample pack. I believe you could get the medication refilled if that was the case and the doctor decides to do so, you can still pick it up at the pharmacy. It might be worth the effort to call the doctor's office and find out if you could get a refill.

Take care!