Is there anything besides birth control that would help to regulate period?

Is there anything besides birth control that would help regulate my period? I skip months at a time ever since I got my period at at age 13. I'm 32 now. Is my body going through the cycle like other women?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Causes of irregular periods are:-
(i) Intra uterine device (IUD) that doesn't fit properly.
(ii) Certain Medications
(iii) Changing birth control pills
(iv) Excessive exercise
(v) Polycystic ovary disease
(vi) Stress
(vii) Hyper/Hypo thyrodism

If cause of irregular period, can be corrected through treatment, you will not require birth control pills.

Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and hyperthyroidism are two common causes. Thus you should discuss with your Gynecologist about diagnosis and treatment of underlying cause.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,