Is there any way to test blood sugar without pricking fingers or any other body part?

Is there any way to test your blood sugar (gluclose) without pricking your fingers or any other body part?
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
There are several ways you can test your blood sugar levels without pricking yourself, but the results may not be as accurate as that of a regular blood test.
The first is by using a urine sample. Dipsticks are available for checking the glucose levels. If glucose is present, it means diabetes is not properly controlled. Some other dipsticks may give you a rough idea of the blood glucose levels.
The OrSense glucometer uses light to measure your blood glucose. It needs to be calibrated with your regular glucometer. This may be as accurate as the regular glucometer but since well designed, large clinical trials are not available to validate this data, I will not be able personally recommend this device for you.
I hope that answers your question. Let me know if you have any more concerns.