Is there any way to stop vomiting by controlling vagus nerve?

Critical Care Specialist
my husband has uncontrollable vomiting once it starts, Is there to control the vagus nerve so he can stop vomiting without going to the hospital
Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sadiq Mughal 10 hours later

I went through the details submitted with diligence. I would like to inform you that there is no way by which we can stop vomiting at home by controlling vagus nerve. There are a few home remedies to control vomiting; however since the episodes are recurrent and is probably caused by GERD and hiatus hernia, the home remedies may not be effective.

Your husband has two known causes of recurrent vomiting - that is GERD and Hiatus hernia. Both these conditions need to be treated appropriately by relevant specialist to effectively control vomiting spells. Therefore I would encourage you to consult your primary physician.

In the interim you may try over the counter antiemetic. Avoid any spicy diet.

Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Dr Sadiq