Is there any way to restore virginity?

Psychiatrist
Question
Hi I lost my virginity by accident I sear, so is there a ay oh having it back and how much will it be only
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hymenoplasty can be done for around $1000.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read your query in detail.

The hymen can be torn not only by penetrative sexual intercourse, but also by vigorous masturbation, horse riding and doing strenuous exercise. So I suggest that you do not get worried and take thoughtful decision whether to go for the virginity restoration surgery. There are ways of reconstructing a torn hymen (Hymenoplasty) and is available through board certified plastic surgeons.

The hymen, the thin tissue at the entrance to the vagina, normally "breaks" the first time a woman has intercourse. A surgery called a hymenoplasty repairs the hymen to mimic its original, virginal state, before a woman was sexually active.

Patients must have a pre-surgical consultation and thorough gynecological examination prior to the surgery. Individual needs and expectations are discussed at this time. Patients are individually counseled and educated on what to expect, including possible risks, benefits, and options.

The surgery is usually performed under local anesthesia (awake). Patients may choose conscious sedation to help them feel more relaxed and comfortable. General anesthesia is an option for some patients.

Cost for such a surgery might be around $1000, though it may vary with the doctor performing it.

I hope this helps,
Any further queries are welcome.
Dr. A Rao Kavoor

Follow-up: Is there any way to restore virginity? 40 minutes later
Is there an insurance that cover it or payment plan?? Is there a way to know if it was lost by accident or sex??

Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please find detailed answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

There is no insurance plan to cover it as both vaginal rejuvenation surgery and virginal restoration (hymenoplasty) are considered cosmetic procedures.

Many times, a young woman can break her hymen through non sexual activity. Riding a bike, exercise, usage of a tampon, a fall, an accident...etc.
Some women do not bleed when their virginity is taken, other women have pain and they do bleed the first time out. It is impossible to tell if it was lost by accident or sex.

I hope this helps,
Any further queries are welcome.
Dr. A Rao Kavoor