Is there any way to prevent premature hair graying?

Is there any way to prevent premature hair graying
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later

Premature graying may also be associated with many other medical conditions, such as vitiligo, alopecia areata, thyroid disorders and anemia, including vitamin B-12 deficiency. Most of the times it is associated with Genetics, stress etc.

The quality of hair is transmitted from paternal genes. Therefore if your father has the history of premature graying, you also are prone to have the same problem at an early age.

But the process can be slow down with the help of herbal medicines. According to Ayurveda the best treatment to eradicate the root cause, Amla powder is the appropriate herb. Consumption of this powder 5 gm daily will control the graying and reverse the graying as well. It is one of the best sources of Vitamin C, which will improve the immunity, reduce the chances of osteo-arthritis, prevent liver damage (if you consume alcohol) and also empower your brain's ability.

In case of Vitamin B-12 deficiency include a variety of vitamin B12 XXXXXXX foods in your diet like fish, poultry, cheese, eggs, yogurt, milk and fortified cereals.

Quitting smoking, in case you do, not only reduces your chances of premature graying, it also increases the amount of oxygen in your blood needed for scalp circulation, which promotes healthy, strong hair.

Limit your vitamin E intake. Although Vitamin E aids in hair growth, too much vitamin E can slow the production of melanin.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.