Is there any way to control heavy periods apart from birth control pills and hormone supplements?
User rating for this question
Other than birth control pills and hormone supplementation, are there any other means to control irregular or heavy periods?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 27 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking onto your query I would like to tell you that since hormonal disturbances remain the culprit behind irregular periods and heavy bleeding so that needs correction so generally birth control pills are the safest and best way of controlling the bleeding . But the cause behind the erratic bleeding needs to be considered . Thyroid dysfunction and fibroids needs to be ruled out as these are most common causes and needs correction if present .I would advise you to meet a gynecologist for this evaluation as some cause must be there for heavy bleeding . Take care. Dr. Shruti
People also viewed
- No period birth control pills
- Period on birth control pills
- Blood pressure 136 over 66
- 136 over 96 blood pressure pulse 65
- Blood pressure 135 over 85 and pregnant
- Blood pressure 136 59
- Before 72 hours tablet
- Heavy periods birth control pills
- Is blood pressure 136 73 healthy
- Birth control pills missed period
- Unwanted 72 in empty stomach
- Harmful effects of unwanted 72
- Hormones in birth control pills
- How effective is unwanted 72?
- Having unwanted 72 can effect tsh