Is there any way of conceiving only baby boy through IVF?

Hi,we have a baby girl of 2 years age now again we are planning for issue. But this time we are looking for baby boy to make our family complete. My questions are :-
1. alkaline/ acidic nature of virgin will decide which chromosome x or y will come to egg.
2. My wife's pH level is 6, is there any way to increase pH level.
3. Is there any way to conceive baby boy, i am pointing towards IFV.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 1 hour later

The chance to conceive baby boy is entirely natural and no one can decide the sex of the baby. Regarding the Ph and nature of vagina, women's vagina is always acidic in nature and this helps in keeping the vaginal environment clean and also prevents any kind of infection. Every women has an acidic vagina.

The sex of the baby depends on the chromosome fertilized whether X or Y and that cannot be controlled by anyone as it depends which one sperm swims and fertilizes fast so it entirely depends on the sperm.

Now coming to artificial methods(I believe you mean IVF that is In vitro Fertilization)in that also only the sperms and ova are united outside and then placed in the womb but that also is a chance which one is fertilized as by just seeing it cannot be calculated which one is X or Y. It also carries a risk of multiple pregnancies.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow ups if any.

Wish you a healthy reproductive life.

Follow-up: Is there any way of conceiving only baby boy through IVF? 2 hours later
Thanks Dr.Mitaly for your details and speedy reply. I have one more doubt -

1. I read over the web alkaline vagina help Y to swim first. Is that correct?

Follow-up: Is there any way of conceiving only baby boy through IVF? 58 minutes later
One more doubt I have-
I have read Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis or Preimplantation Genetic Testing possess is useful for gender selection and using this method we can ensure the sex- is that correct?
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 2 hours later

Thanks for the follow up

There is no medical theory which says that alkaline vagina helps any particular chromosome to swim fast.

Regarding the Preimplantation genetic diagnosis or testing that is used for determining any genetic defect in a foetus where risk of serious disorder is expected.

Also sex determination is illegal in India.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a good health.