Ask a Urologist   »  

Is there any treatment for kidney stones in Ayurveda?

Jul 2016

Hi Doctor 3 days back I had a stomach pain, I went to doctor am away from india.. so they suggested me for get the medical report and found stone in kidney. need ur suggestion on this please help me I want to kwn which treatment I can choose from and wil be best for me.. laser one or some ayurveda type.. need ur suggestions does this can b done by only medicines or need to go with any surgery..
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer: You Have Two non obstructing Stones in Rt.Kidney. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts and report of your ultrasound scanning that you have posted it appears that you have two non obstructing stones in your Rt .Kidney. First of all would like to state that there is no medicine neither in modern medicine nor in Ayurvedic faculty that can dissolve the stone. The only way these stones will come out of your body through urinary passage . Normally there is no pain due to stone itself whatever may be the size of the stone as long as it has enough space in collecting system to remain there .It is the obstruction to the urine flow due to stone from calyxes to bladder through ureter that causes pain. Since you have stones of a size of 7 mm they are likely to obstruct the flow of urine when they will pass down through ureter in to bladder and will give severe pain. In a situation like this I would like to suggest you to get these stones fragmented by a procedure called as Extra Corporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy.(ESWL) so that gravels produced can pass down in bladder and urethra with ease. This is a painless procedure for which you do not need to get hospitalised and carried out as Out Patient Procedure without anaesthesia. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow-up: Is there any treatment for kidney stones in Ayurveda? 20 minutes later
Thnx Dr XXXXXXX for the quick reply May i knw the total cost for doing ESWL. currently am at Saudi.. and will be in Hyderbad in 3-4 Months. what will be ur suggetion do u want me to wait till I reach Hyderabad for the treatment or i should go this immidiate here itself
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Difficult to comment about waiting for 3 months. Detailed Answer: Thanks for follow up. One can not predict when these stone will move down and cause obstruction and give severe pain.So I would advise you to get treated as early as you can and not take any chance for waiting for 3 months. As regards cost in Saudi where you are placed now I do not have any knowledge about charges in that country.For both the stones it would cost you approximately 20 to 25 thousands Indian Rupees.( in Hyderabad ). Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.