Is there any treatment for compulsive lying?

I am in love relationship since around 2 years. We truly love each other. I hate lying, but she generally lies, actually she cant tell any bad truth any bad thing about her… she hides, she lies then… whenever I feel that she has done something wrong & point it out to her, either she doesn’t accept this truth.. or start fighting… she goes to any extant by never accept her mistake… our relationship is almost in dying situation now… can we do anything to get it back.. I know she loves me, she truly loves me… but my problem is when she lies or not agree to something which is evident from the facts… I get out of my mind…
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 31 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. From your query it appear that both of you love each other but same time have some adjustment problem. The cause of these issues need to be understand in non judgmental way. Any of the partner may have more problematic behavior which need to be corrected. I would advice both of you to visit relationship or marital counselor for detailed evaluation and intervention according to the problem. Relationship problems are complicated most of the time. You may need to go through these steps during treatment process: -Assessment of problem from history. -Personality assessment of partners. -Individual/couple counseling sessions. -Supportive, problem solving, and coping skill training. -Anger management training. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards,