Is there any treatment for Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)?

This a stange question, I guess. But I have had OCD for along time, but live a normal life outwardly. Wife, 4 older kids, great career etc.

I have this strange OCD that ...what if I were gay? I don't like guys so it's a weird OCD that must have reasons.

But when I shower at the gym, I feel a little nervous I suppose that I will get excited or somnething. My testicles seem to really tighten up and my penis is pretty small. Sometimes I feel pressure in my groin.

Then when I get to work my OCD kicks in and I check my penis to see if I leaked pre-cum or something. Then I pee and later check again to see if any pre-cum leaked out after the first time I peed (like I was somehow excited in the shower and it leaked out of my penis later). Well today I did find a little stickeyness to my pee....does that mean I get excited in the shower? This is really killing me. Thanks.
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 2 hours later
Thanks for your query. I understand your concern with the OC symptoms. It is definitely possible that repeated thoughts/doubts if you are XXXXXXX inspite of recognition of the fact that is not not so as well as repetitive doubts if you leaked pre-cum during shower associated with repeated checking are also part of OCD. Effective anti-OCD medication like SSRI's are available in addition to psychotherapy (eg cognitive behavioural therapy or exposure and response prevention). Hence there is nothing to worry. Getting excited in shower at gym does not indicate anything towards your sexual orientation and it is not something that you need to worry about. Do clarify anything else you may wish to.
Dr Sundar