Is there any treatment available to improve the thickness of endometrium?

Mar 2013
Dear Sir,
I (29 years old) am suffering with endometrium thinning problem (only 5.2 mm
during 14th day of period). But it developed up to 8-9 mm during 18th day of period. At present I am going through IUI treatment, Doctor suggested to me take soya milk, M2-tone tonic and Emgra tablet.
Would you please suggest me, is there any treatment to improve the thickness of endometrium.

Thanking you
With regards
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 9 minutes later
Endometrial thinning is due to imbalance of hormones.
Estrogen is generally responsible for growth of the endometrial lining.
Emgra tablets are estrogen tablets.
You could also try taking Sildanefil tablets after discussion with your gynecologist.
Soya milk and M 2 tone tonic are also natural supplements, which might help you.
You can ask for getting an endometrial biopsy done to rule out tubercular infection or other causes of endometrial atrophy.
I hope your laparoscopy and hysteroscopy has been done before proceeding for IUI.

Take care, and feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: Is there any treatment available to improve the thickness of endometrium? 23 minutes later
Dear Doctor,
Thank you very much for your kind information.
I became pregnant naturally on 2010 and miscarried and underwent laparoscopy (for polycystic ovary) for ovarian drilling and hysterosocopy and the result was normal.
In the third cycle of IUI I became pregnant (2012 October) second time and miscarried in the third month of pregency.

Do i have to go undergo further hysteroscopy. my follicle development are proper (after follculin 2*150 unit injection)
I am totally worried.

I would like to take Femino -Care Capsules (By Pankajakasthuri Herbals India Pvt.Ltd;) it is an Ayurvedic medicine ( I consulted Pankajaksthuri doctor by phone, they suggested that It will not make any harm along with allopathic medicine

Please provide your kind suggestion.

Thanking You
With Regards
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 31 minutes later
Please do not mix ayurvedic medications with allopathic ones.
If you have had a hysteroscopy earlier, there is no need to repeat it, however at times after 2 miscarriages, there is chance of endometrial damage and tubal blockage, particularly if D and C ( surgical abortion ) was done.
Also, please investigate yourself for cause of recurrent miscarriages before going for further treatment.
Leading cause is genetic cause.
Intrauterine infections, autoimmune disorders, abnormalities in size and shape of uterus and cervix have to be ruled out.
Please get the above evaluation done, before an IUI.