Is there any syrup for increasing baby weight?

ENT Specialist
my baby has completed 4 months as on 22nd XXXXXXX and weighs only 5 kg is this normal???/And please tell me how to increase my baby's is there any syrup or any other food which will help......
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Give only mothers feed Detailed Answer: Hello, 5 kg is less but depends on the birth weight .Actually it is the decrease or the stagnation in birth weight rise which is problematic. Secondly there should not be a decrease in weight in past few days or having a fever or not taking feeds properly or not playing normally . The best feed is only mothers milk. There is no need to give any other supplement it might put extra strain on babys liver or intestines or kidneys. In spite of giving baby anything extra ,you take extra milk and nutritious diet ,eat fruits . NO need for any syrup to small baby. If the child is playing normally then do not worry. In doubt do reply