Ask a Homeopath   »  

Is there any side effects of vaporized cannabis?

I'm wondering given my history if there is any medical research into side effects of vaporized cannabis that I should consider ?
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Alternative Medicine
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 5 hours later

A smokeless cannabis-vaporizing device delivers the same level of active therapeutic chemical and produces the same biological effect as smoking cannabis, but without the harmful toxins.

According to a recent study the plasma concentrations of THC were comparable at all strengths of cannabis between smoking and vaporization. Smoking increased CO levels as expected, but there was little or no increase in CO levels after inhaling from the vaporizer.

If you have further queries you can write back to me.

Dr Arnab Maji
Follow-up: Is there any side effects of vaporized cannabis? 3 hours later
Thank you . Are there any known long term adverse side effects of routine medication with vaporized THC and the other cannabinniods in cannabis ?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back to me.

Cannabis is a “gateway drug”. Concerns have been raised about the potential for long-term cannabis consumption to increase risk for schizophrenia, bipolar disorders, and major depression but the ultimate conclusions on these factors are disputed. It has also been implicated in the memory loss on long term use. Continued cannabis use might increase the risk for psychotic disorders. Nothing of these long term effects have been proved conclusively. All these are the end result of many research studies. One thing has been conclusively proved that even on long term use it has no addictive effect. Moreover smoking marijuana would help to get out of the addiction from substances like cocaine and morphine.

Hope I have answered your queries. If you have further queries you can ask me freely.

A review on this answer from your side will be highly appreciated. If you don’t have further queries you may close the discussion here.

Dr Arnab Maji
Follow-up: Is there any side effects of vaporized cannabis? 6 hours later
Considering my history , age , occupation and the fact that I have tolerated vaporized cannabis very well for 30 years without leading to the use of any of the other drugs you mentioned would you agree that it is a small risk in my case .
In addition I discontinued use of alcohol 5 years ago and I find that the relaxing effect of vaporized cannabis is far less toxic than ETOH .
I can't find any credible studies which document any harm especially when compared to personally palpable benefits .
Do you know of any believable studies contrary to my research ?
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 13 hours later
Thanks again for writing back.
Its very difficult to say whether you have risk or not. But if at all present that is very less i can say. There is no study to exactly reveal the percentage of risk with a well documented p value.
I also cannot find anystudy contrary to your research.
Dr Arnab