Is there any side effect of Miprogen vaginal use while being pregnant?

Hi Doctor, 4 days back I got pregnant confirm by urine test. As advised by doctor, Prescription is miprogen 200- vaginal use, cor L, EMS given to me and restrict to physical relation till 1 month please advice me, any side effect due to this ?
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Progesterone Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the question. I think it's micronised progesterone. this drug is used commonly in pregnancy by most of the doctors and is considered safe. It's given to women where there is history of miscarriage, infertility etc. It's not given routinely to all pregnant women. EMS is probably domperidone which is used for nausea and vomiting, it should only be used in smallest possible quantities when needed. Physical relationship is considered safe in pregnancy but if it's ok with the couple it can be avoided. Hope this answers your question, if you have any doubts, you may ask me. Wishing you safe pregnancy. Regards