Is there any risk of developing life threatning eye disease after getting pork juice in the eye?

Excellent

Question
Got raw rancid pork juice in my eye work up with blurry vision I'm nervous it has gone away
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer......most of the times there is nothing to worry. Detailed answer..... Hello, Thanks for the query. I can understand your anxiety over this issue but believe you me that in general no problem occurs,although the chances are there for infection,if the animal was infected. Just splash your eyes with cold water and wait and watch for development of any further symptoms. Consult the doctor if you develop headache,muscle aches and pains,chills,feeling hot and cold,nausea and vomiting,light starts hurting your eyes etc. Remember that you may have problems only if the animal was infected,otherwise not. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any other query. Best of luck Thanks

Follow-up: Is there any risk of developing life threatning eye disease after getting pork juice in the eye? 18 minutes later
What do i do if that stuff starts to happens

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 minutes later
Hello, In that case you would need to consult your doctor for necessary investigations to find out the causative organism responsible for that infection and necessary course of antibiotics. Thanks

Follow-up: Is there any risk of developing life threatning eye disease after getting pork juice in the eye? 3 minutes later
This is scary i dont want die from some weird eye disease

Hello, Thete is absolutely no need to panic because the chances of developing some disease are rare and even if it does occur,then there are various antibiotics and good medication available which makes a person all right. There is absolutely as good as nil chances for a person to die like that. Be at ease and don't worry as nothing is going to happen. Thanks