Is there any risk of aneurysm associated with scuba diving?

I have a venous angioma, has not changed shape in 10 years and would like to go scuba diving. Are there any risks of ruptures or anuerisms associated with Scuba diving and this condition?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later

While going for a scuba diving, the only risk you have is of hemorrhage due to stress, raised blood pressure, anxiety and raised intracranial tension.

Hemorrhage from a venous angioma is a very rare event. It is more likely to occur if the venous angioma is associated with a cavernous hemangioma, and in such a setting, it is the cavernous hemangioma that usually bleeds, not the venous hemangioma. The bleeding from venous hemangiomas has been reported in the literature, but is rare.

Most venous angiomas cause no complications whatsoever.

So I would suggest you to go for scuba diving if you are daring enough and enjoy yourself without worrying but dont go alone.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.