Is there any risk in taking colocasia during intial pregnancy stage?

Mar 2016

I missed my period by 4 days. During pregnancy test, it is found that the result is weekly positive. But accidently I took colocasia. WIll it cause any problem. If any problem, how to counter this
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: STOP COLOCASIA. DO TVS SCAN & BLOOD TEST B-hCG. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Colocasia is mostly an abortive plant and few studies show that it can cause early miscarriage or abortion on taking LARGE amount. However, in small amount, this is not harmful and it is great source of starch. It is better to stop taking Colocasia at the earliest. In this circumstance, I suggest you to undergo one blood test for beta-hCG and one Trans Vaginal Ultrasound scan to confirm pregnancy with gestational sac. It also helps to assess the current status of pregnancy. However, you need to repeat the scan around 7-8 weeks to determine fetal heart beat (indicator of healthy pregnancy) and overall fetal well being. Kindly, consult with your gynecologist at the earliest and start to take folic acid & vitamin supplements with healthy diet. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need further clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW