Is there any risk for HIV or Hepatitis inspite of having a clinical examination involving my anus?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Hi doctor, a man inserted his fist inside my anus. the fister was wearing gloves and he used lube. can you please tell me if there is any risk for hiv or hepatitis? thank you.
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: No, there is no chance of getting HIV or Hepatitis Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Healthcare Magic, I have gone through your history and understand your concern, HIV and hepatitis B/C is transmitted by sexual contact,sexual fluids (seminal and vaginal fluids)and also through blood and blood products. The infected blood or fluid should come in contact with mucus membranes or open wounds to get virus into the body.As you have not come into contact of the blood or sexual fluids,the chance of getting HIV or Hepatitis B/C will not be there. Hope you got the answer for the query, if you have further query please post me, Thank you.